High Hopes Children’s Therapy Services
High Hopes Children’s Therapy is a mother daughter owned business that was founded to provide “Hope” for children with special needs. We are committed to providing exceptional therapy services in a fun and engaging environment. We provide Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Social Skills Groups for all ages.
Screenings: Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy
Purpose: To identify if a child would benefit from occupational therapy services. In order to know whether or not a child may need occupational therapy a full evaluation is necessary. However, we do not want to evaluate children unnecessarily, so a screening test allows therapist to identify children at risk for needing further evaluation to see if a child would qualify and benefit from occupational therapy services.
Initial Evaluation: Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy
Our initial evaluation includes a holistic approach in order to gain a clear picture of your child’s areas of strengths and weakness. A variety of standardized assessments are used during the evaluation in order to assess your child’s current functional skills.
- Skills that are assessed during OT evaluations include the following: Gross motor, fine motor, visual motor, visual perception, handwriting, primitive reflex integration, and sensory processing. The evaluation also includes clinical observations and parent questionnaires and or teacher questionnaires.
- Skills that are assessed during ST evaluations includes the following: Expressive Language, Receptive Language, Articulation Skills, Oral Motor/Feeding Skills, Phonological Processing, Auditory Processing, Fluency, and Social/Pragmatic Skills. The evaluation also includes clinical observations and parent questionnaires and or teacher questionnaires.
Treatment Session: Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy
- All children have an individualized plan of care, which are planned around specific treatment goals.
- Sessions are individual 1:1 with a board-certified occupational therapist.
- Sessions typically last 30-60 minutes with the majority of the time being direct treatment. Typically, the last 5 minutes of your child’s session is spent consulting with parents: What we did, problem solving any current problems occurring at home/school, or providing activities that help facilitate carry over of therapeutic intervention and continued growth in underlying skills while at home/school.
High Hopes Children’s Therapy offers several social skills classes for children of all ages. The children will have therapeutic support to gain social skills necessary to greet peers and endure interaction in a social setting. Ages 3 years old - teens
High Hopes Children’s Therapy offers several specialized programs during your child’s therapy sessions! We have therapists that are certified and or trained in the following programs.
- Interactive Metronome: The only training program that improves timing in the brain in an organized, systematic, flexible and engaging format. Improves sensory processing, working memory, attention & concentration, processing speed, motor planning, and balance & coordination.
- Astronaut Program: Therapeutic protocol that is designed to develop optimal vestibular function, which is an essential foundation for all sensory processing and movement control.
- Integrated Listening Program (iLs): Uses movement and language exercises for the purpose of improving brain function. Starting with the fundamentals of sensory integration and then extending through more complex cognitive functions, including language, self-expression, and social skills
- Primitive Reflex Integration: If retained, it may result in immature patterns of behavior or may cause immature systems to remain prevalent; which in turn cause adverse symptoms: Poor emotional regulation, difficulties with coordination & balance, difficulties with handwriting, poor processing skills, bedwetting, poor sensory integration.
Handwriting Without Tears: A therapeutic protocol for handwriting that is aimed at developing both good penmanship and an ability to express oneself well using written language.